Mac book Pro colourful screen lines

my mac book started glitching a couple of months ago but over the past week there are lots of colour ful lines and a black out of the left side of the screen. I've been told that I need a new screen but i only bought my Mac book 3 years ago after my previous mac book did the same!

I'm really not happy to have to spend another 650€. Is there an alternative way to repair the laptop? At least record that this is happening too often, I look after my tech well.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 12:06 PM

If Apple is telling you the screen needs replacing then that's what needs to be done. Apple doesn't repair; Apple replaces.

You can always try a non certified computer shop, but cheap work generally means cheap results.

Past history with any device, similar or not, is not relevant. You have to deal with this device and its issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 12:06 PM in response to lydz7117

If Apple is telling you the screen needs replacing then that's what needs to be done. Apple doesn't repair; Apple replaces.

You can always try a non certified computer shop, but cheap work generally means cheap results.

Past history with any device, similar or not, is not relevant. You have to deal with this device and its issues.

Mac book Pro colourful screen lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.