Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts

I lost all my contacts on my phone trying to hook them to my Mac. Is there a way to get them back?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 11:05 AM

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser, do the contacts show there? If not, try iCloud.com/Account Settings, look under Advanced at the lower left, and click Restore Contacts.

Are the contacts on the computer in the Contacts application?

If you weren't syncing Contacts to iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 11:05 AM in response to ruthie297

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser, do the contacts show there? If not, try iCloud.com/Account Settings, look under Advanced at the lower left, and click Restore Contacts.

Are the contacts on the computer in the Contacts application?

If you weren't syncing Contacts to iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Lost contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.