Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login

Hello I updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.3.1 , The update was problem free. The next day I tried to login in to my laptop and my username was no longer recognized. I've had the same login for years so its not that I forgot it. I've seen many post online of people having similar problems after updating to Big Sur. I've tried some of the remedies and they don't seem to work. It's really frustrating because I was in the middle of finals and I lost my notes.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 16, 2021 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 12:14 PM

Hey Townlandish,

Sounds like you're having issues logging into your Mac. We can help with that.

Whether you've forgotten your password, or it's simply not accepting the one you're using, you'll want to complete the steps from the following resource: If you forgot your Mac login password

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Townlandish

Hey Townlandish,

Sounds like you're having issues logging into your Mac. We can help with that.

Whether you've forgotten your password, or it's simply not accepting the one you're using, you'll want to complete the steps from the following resource: If you forgot your Mac login password

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

Can't login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.