Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch version 3 dictation

Since the most recent update my apple watch will translate my dictation for messaging into Chinese, regardless of the settings on my phone or watch being set to English.

Posted on May 16, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:51 PM

Hi tac216,

Thanks for posting about your Apple Watch issue here! We understand that the dictation language is translating into Chinese when you're attempting to message people. We'd be glad to assist you with this, but first we'll need to ask you a few questions to get started. Have you tested the dictation on your iPhone to see if the same issue occurs? Could you tell us which settings you have checked to make sure everything is set up properly? Have we checked that English was the only language selected in your iPhone's Settings app > General > Keyboard > Dictation Languages?

We'd also recommend making sure your iOS and watchOS is up-to-date by following the steps in the articles below:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 2:51 PM in response to tac216

Hi tac216,

Thanks for posting about your Apple Watch issue here! We understand that the dictation language is translating into Chinese when you're attempting to message people. We'd be glad to assist you with this, but first we'll need to ask you a few questions to get started. Have you tested the dictation on your iPhone to see if the same issue occurs? Could you tell us which settings you have checked to make sure everything is set up properly? Have we checked that English was the only language selected in your iPhone's Settings app > General > Keyboard > Dictation Languages?

We'd also recommend making sure your iOS and watchOS is up-to-date by following the steps in the articles below:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Cheers.

Apple watch version 3 dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.