Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Face Unavailable This Watch is not available with your current version of watchOS

iPhone software: iOS 14.5.1

Watch software: 7.4.1 (18T201)

Watch model: MQL12B/A (Series 3)

All software is fully up to date but whenever a 3rd party watch face is downloaded e.g. from applewatchfaces.io or Facer the Apple Watch app errors with "Watch Face Unavailable. This watch face is not available with your current version of watchOS."

This happens for all watch faces simple and complex including watch faces labelled as suitable for Apple watch series 1+ (all watches).

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Apple Watch, watchOS 3

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:18 AM

18 replies

Jun 30, 2021 9:19 AM in response to Rushy

I have never downloaded an Apple Watch face before until I saw the ones for the International faces/bands for the Olympics they offer on their website. From my iPhone, Safari, I click on the "Add Apple Watch Face" button and nothing happens. I turned off block pop-ups. Still doesn't open the page to do the download. Went to Chrome. Pop up worked, and I downloaded the watch face, opened with "Watch" and I get the error. I just wanted to document this thing is still an issue. I haven't seen/read anything where someone was successful if they have the right iOS's installed. :-(

Jul 14, 2021 12:04 PM in response to Rushy

There are 5 or 6 downloadable watch faces on the Apple Watch series 6 page. One is for photography which I’m a photographer. I tried to load it and I’m getting the same error “Watch Face Unavailable This Watch face is not available with your current version of watchOS”. I have the series 6 version, which I bought from my mobile carrier. The iOS is up to date. Will these faces only work for watches that were purchased from an Apple store?

May 17, 2021 2:51 AM in response to Community User

Yep I understand that. I mentioned in my question that this happens for every single watchface simple or complex listed as compatible with Series 1/2/3 watches. I've tried a wide range of different faces and all produce the same error.

In addition I get exactly the same error with the official apple watch faces shown in the app store. The only difference is the error message also shows a picture of the face I'm trying to import.

Jun 19, 2021 10:56 AM in response to Rushy

I just started messing with these Watchface apps again facely, maker and Facer, everyone of them say watchface unavailable and I’m on a series 5. Everything is up to date phone (12 pro) and watch. The lack of customization of watchfaces or installing of third party real functioning watch faces is ridiculous at this point with Apple Watch. That’s why my daily driver is an amazfit watch.

Jul 5, 2021 1:42 PM in response to GabyIsPhoto

I’ve been experiencing this same issue with getting an error when attempting to redeem the International watch faces for my new sport loop band. Just spoke with Apple Support a few minutes ago and during the conversation they had me connect to WiFi and when I attempted to redeem the watch face using the App Clip, it worked!

Not sure if you’ve tried this as a possible fix, but for me it seems the issue was being on my cellular data versus WiFi, which is odd that this could have been the source of my problem. Give it a try!

Watch Face Unavailable This Watch is not available with your current version of watchOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.