Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download applications

Hey. I have a brand new 2020 iPhone SE. it’s been a couple of weeks I’ve had it. I am signed into the AppStore but now I cannot download apps. I can download previous downloaded apps, but I cannot download new apps. If I click on the “Get” button, the circle loads and then stops and doesn’t download. What do I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:42 AM

Heres a couple of things that you can try:

1. Check if you have a stable internet connection. Simple way to do this is to play a video and see how it will load.
  2. Check if App Store service is available and working on https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/.
  3. Try to sign-out then sign-in your Apple account.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Use this Apple's page as additional reference: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Hope it helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 4:42 AM in response to kimberlin147

Heres a couple of things that you can try:

1. Check if you have a stable internet connection. Simple way to do this is to play a video and see how it will load.
  2. Check if App Store service is available and working on https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/.
  3. Try to sign-out then sign-in your Apple account.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Use this Apple's page as additional reference: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Hope it helps.

May 17, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Pactricia666

Hi, I tried all of these steps and it still doesn’t work.

ive done a backup on my phone. My credit card isn’t linked to my App Store but that shouldn’t be an issue since I usually download free apps.

also, whenever I turn off and turn on my phone, it always brings me to a “software update” page where I put in my Apple ID and password and then brings me to an iCloud backup page. When I select the latest backup as my backup option, it closes and brings me back to my home page. I find that really weird.

Cannot download applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.