Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot mount or erase external Lacie hard drive

My external hard drive stopped working (as Time Machine backup) and now it will not mount or even let me erase. It only shows up in Disk Utility and I can run first aid when I try to erase the erase button is enabled but when I click on it nothing happens. It won't mount either. Anybody have any suggestions???

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 9:01 AM

To rule out that the drive may have failed, have you tried connecting it to another computer to see if you can access it from there? If you don't have another device, maybe see if a friend or relative can help you out. Alternatively, you can take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 9:01 AM in response to LAFALOT11

To rule out that the drive may have failed, have you tried connecting it to another computer to see if you can access it from there? If you don't have another device, maybe see if a friend or relative can help you out. Alternatively, you can take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance.

Cannot mount or erase external Lacie hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.