Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Bluetooth mouse stops working after couple of seconds

I have an M1 with Big Sur.

On version 11.3.0 the mouse would stop working after couple of seconds. Then it would come back without me doing anything and work no problem until reboot. This behaviour was systematic.

Now I've updated to 11.3.1 and the mouse stop working after couple of seconds that I booted the system but it never comes back.

How can I fix this once and for all?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 17, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:36 AM

Thanks for your reply. I tried a different USB bluetooth mouse and this one gives me no problem, so I will not further investigate why the other mouse is not working properly. I'd like to point out that the other mouse is working just fine with another laptop on windows 10.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to my so promptly.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 1:36 AM in response to jcasapple

Thanks for your reply. I tried a different USB bluetooth mouse and this one gives me no problem, so I will not further investigate why the other mouse is not working properly. I'd like to point out that the other mouse is working just fine with another laptop on windows 10.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to my so promptly.

May 18, 2021 10:09 AM in response to sbenedetto83

Hi sbenedetto83,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with your MacBook Air. We're happy to look into this mouse issue with you, and help in any way we can.

Is this a third-party mouse? You mentioned that your mouse is USB Bluetooth capable. Is this correct? Do you mean that there is a USB dongle attachment that you use with your mouse? Is the mouse able to connect to the Bluetooth feature of your MacBook directly?

What happens if you disconnect any devices or cables plugged into your MacBook, then start up in safe mode, connect your mouse, and test further? Does the issue continue to occur in safe mode?

Here's a guide with the recommended steps to start in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue is not occurring in safe mode, but returns the next time you restart and start up normally, follow these steps to test your login items:

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

May 18, 2021 11:51 AM in response to sbenedetto83

Hi sbenedetto83,

Thanks for clarifying. Does the issue persist in safe mode? If not, let us know what happens after completing the steps to test your login items.

If the issue persists in safe mode, we can recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of the mouse directly to inquire about whether there is a software update available for the mouse or dongle that may resolve this behavior.

Take care!

USB Bluetooth mouse stops working after couple of seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.