Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime won't activate on iPad mini 2

FaceTime won't activate on iPad mini 2. It used to work, but now when I try to sign in, I get an error message. The same thing also happens with Messages. Also, there is no option in settings to turn it off or on.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 12:38 PM

KidRock7 wrote:

FaceTime won't activate on iPad mini 2. It used to work, but now when I try to sign in, I get an error message. The same thing also happens with Messages. Also, there is no option in settings to turn it off or on.

Click on the link under related article and follow all the steps.

9 replies

May 18, 2021 12:11 PM in response to razmee209

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it did not work. I went through the steps in that article multiple times before posting, to no avail. Further troubleshooting narrowed the problem down. When I tried my son's AppleID on my MacBook Pro, FaceTime and Messages worked fine, and when I used my AppleID on his iPad, they also worked fine. It's only his AppleID on his iPad that has the activation error. I tried updating the iOS on the iPad, resetting all the settings, and restarting it, but nothing worked. I don't know what else to do.

FaceTime won't activate on iPad mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.