Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Will Not Activate

I cannot activate FaceTime on my brand new iPhone 13.

It says unable to activate and the message reappears when I click it off.

I have tried restarting, signing out of AppleID and restarting, restarting Network Settings, to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas since I cannot get a person to help me with this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:42 AM

todd2288 wrote:

I have tried restarting, signing out of AppleID and restarting, restarting Network Settings, to no avail.

follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 11:42 AM in response to todd2288

todd2288 wrote:

follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Aug 16, 2022 11:48 AM in response to razmee209

I resolved the issue by returning to basics.

I unpacked my old cell phone that I had thankfully not mailed off yet and called my provider, ATT.

A nice attendant made a switch from old cell phone to new cell phone somehow and the line went blank.

Then I could make and receive phone calls, but it took another day for FaceTime and iMessage to work.

Residual effects are that both FaceTime and iMessage still say they are unable to activate, even though they are both on and both work.

If I turn off iMessage and turn it back on, it says it is unable to activate.

If I turn off FaceTime and turn it back on, it not only says unable to activate, but the dialog box keeps repeating.

I can live with the residuals, I suppose. But as a mathematician, I want to resolve the issue totally and see the nice words "Activated!"

Thanks to razmee209 for answering my question!

FaceTime Will Not Activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.