Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages wont open on my mac

Hi i have a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) it has the newest update on it and i cant open my messages it keeps saying " The application “Messages” can’t be opened. " then it says 9 on the bottom when i try to open it manually the application jumps once and stops anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 18, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:34 PM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 7:34 PM in response to Ocean7712

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

messages wont open on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.