Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream Photos on iPhone not downloading to iMac

I have Photo Stream enabled on my iPhone; my photos have always downloaded to my iMac with no problem. A few weeks ago I enabled iCloud Photo Library on my iMac and MacBook, but not on my iPhone. I want to just use my iPhone to transfer the photos to the Macs, with the iMac having the originals on it. Since I enabled Photo Library, none of the photos I take with my iPhone are transferring to either the iMac or the MacBook. Photo Stream is on in the iPhone settings and photos do transfer to my other iPads (which also have Photo Stream enabled) but not to the Macs. The settings on the iMac have iCloud Photos checked off and download originals to this Mac enabled. Is there something I'm missing? Please help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 18, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 11:30 PM

Hi

When you enable iCloud photo library, on your mac, then photostream is disabled. You can only use one or the other, not both.

3 replies

Photo Stream Photos on iPhone not downloading to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.