Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Support is unable to figure out why I continue to get Paper Statements

I called Apple Card Support at least 6 times between 2020 and just couple days ago (12 month span). I have the card since the dawn of Apple Card.

I received electronic statements for couple of months in the beginning then for no reason I started receiving Paper statements.

First time I called Apple Card support, they tried to ask me to go to Wallet to turn of receiving paper statement. (Those geniuses still do that every time I call. I have to tell them there is no such feature available yet to turn off receiving paper statement, you would think pretty primitive feature, what's the big deal, but Apple did not apparently think Customer usability is important in this case.)

Anyway... So first time I called , finally the support guy said he turned the paper statement off for me on his end.

Then a month goes by and I still receive paper statement. I think, hmm may be they are pushing papers manually to make the setting to stick. So I wait another month, but paper statements won't stop.

Then I call again, same process I went through first time I went through with Apple Card, every 2 months.

So I called again two days ago. This time something different happened. Lady asked me if I had access to my email registered with GS/Apple Card. I said yes, its the only email I use and that's my Apple ID.

She says something must be wrong with your email ID, I say nothing wrong because I get all sorts of other emails from Apple ID and the whole world including all sorts of junk emails.

She says you are receiving paper statements because you are not receiving emails.

So she forwards me to Apple Support. After 15 minutes of nonsense, Apple Support says, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your email, so they throw me back to Apple Card support.

Then again I get 15 minutes of same nonsense I went through with first Apple Card support. Then they figure its Apple Support problem so I am back to Apple Support. This time I am super frustrated.

I keep asking for someone who can look into the **** logs behind the scene to see if anyone can figure out if Apple Card emails were even get sent and how does it trigger paper statements even when electronic communications only is setup.

After half hour to 45 minutes of this Apple Support Agent promising me she won't forward me to another agent, what does she do, she forwards me to Apple Card Support supervisor.

Supervisor is equally genius. Her first response is, your Apple ID email is not working probably. My temperature is rising at this point and after explaining the situation all over again, she says seems like I will have to forward to a technical team.

Well I am like finally!! And then I am watching the clock on the phone call, it hits 2 hour mark and while we both are talking, call ended.

So I am where I started two hours ago before hopping on that call.

I am posting it here, because I know if this is a software glitch on the Apple Card side, because there is definitely nothing wrong with my email ID, that's the only email registered everywhere, I checked, confirmed with 6 agents on that 2 hour call, other people may also have come across this nonsense.

If nothing else I am just venting for someone from Apple Card side to pay attention and fix the issue.

Posted on May 18, 2021 5:21 PM

7 replies

Apple Card Support is unable to figure out why I continue to get Paper Statements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.