Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook charger for IPad

Hi,

Can I charge my iPad Air with the cable and adapter form MacBook Air ?

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 1:49 AM

The USB Power Adapter for your MacBook Air is perfectly usable with your iPad Air - and will safely charge your iPad at its maximum supported charging rate.

Assuming that you have an iPad Air4, the current model, both the iPad and Power Adapter support USB PD (Power Delivery) Fast Charging - which permits faster charging of your iPad at its maximum 18W charging rate (i.e., 2A @9V or 1.5A @12V).

Should you have an earlier iPad Air1, Air2 or Air3, the Power Adapter will default to standard 5V operation, reducing the charging rate to 2.4A @5V (12W).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 1:49 AM in response to AlexandraCh29

The USB Power Adapter for your MacBook Air is perfectly usable with your iPad Air - and will safely charge your iPad at its maximum supported charging rate.

Assuming that you have an iPad Air4, the current model, both the iPad and Power Adapter support USB PD (Power Delivery) Fast Charging - which permits faster charging of your iPad at its maximum 18W charging rate (i.e., 2A @9V or 1.5A @12V).

Should you have an earlier iPad Air1, Air2 or Air3, the Power Adapter will default to standard 5V operation, reducing the charging rate to 2.4A @5V (12W).

MacBook charger for IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.