Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call forwarding not turning off

I have had " forwarding turned on " for a while now and went to turn it off to begin to receive calls as normal on my work phone. When trying to do this it will not turn off. I have done everything that I can think of and I am now down to it is either the phone itself of the carrier. In my research I have found that it is a issue among many carriers and am trying to find my next coarse of action. I changed "SIM" cards that is a different carrier and the phone turned the "call forwarding OFF". I put my original "SIM" back in the phone and went right back to the same issue with the call forwarding.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 8:15 AM

For turning call forwarding off, you need to on the local network of the cellular plan.

SMS, MMS, WiFi Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Call Merge, Conference Call, Hotspot, Voice Mail (Visual or Normal) all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Trace_INe

For turning call forwarding off, you need to on the local network of the cellular plan.

SMS, MMS, WiFi Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Call Merge, Conference Call, Hotspot, Voice Mail (Visual or Normal) all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

Call forwarding not turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.