Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro keyboard for ipad pro 9.7 replaced 4 times

Ipad pro smart keyboard for ipad pro 9.7 replaced 4 times. It was bought from malaysia. Now the warranty is over and its again dead. Did all the troubleshoot apple told me to do. Every 3-4 months it will get bad, even after the replacement. They changed 4 even out of warranty which was good of them. I also got my ipad checked with an apple advisor and i was told there is nothing wrong with the ipad or the connectors.

anyone else facing the same problem? Its an expensive keyboard, any idea if apple can still help? They already changed it a few times.

Posted on May 19, 2021 8:51 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

May 19, 2021 9:22 AM in response to khajotia

khajotia Said:

"Ipad pro keyboard for ipad pro 9.7 replaced 4 times: [...]anyone else facing the same problem? Its an expensive keyboard, any idea if apple can still help? They already changed it a few times."

-------

Please Clarify:

In what way is it dead? Is it just not connecting?

Single Out this iPad:

Try connecting this to another iPad. If don't have another iPad handy, then ask someone else if you can connect it to their iPad (with the permission, of course).

May 19, 2021 10:48 AM in response to TheLittles

hi, thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.

The keyboard does not connect at all. I have tried it with my wife’s ipad pro-same model but it wont work. Previously i was posted in Malaysia from where i purchased this, and they replaced it as well. The reseller in malaysia accepted that many of the keyboards were faulty and apple replaced them even out of warranty. Now i am stationed in Pakistan and the apple service centre here said it cannot be repaired, they used the term, “its dead” They tried another display unit on my device and it worked.

May 19, 2021 11:57 AM in response to babowa

Malaysia is dry and some times humid. However, i have always used the keyboard as per apples usage and care information, never left it in the car or let it exposed to extreme temperatures. However, PAKISTAN CAN BE HOT AND HUMID WITH TEMPERATURE RANGING BETWEEN 39-43c during the summer and fall to 3c in the winters. Could that be causing the problem? However, there are about 20 people i know who work with me, out of them 3 have the same problem i am facing, and they bought the keyboard from Pakistan and i got mine from Malaysia.

can this be repaired? Apple says get a new one, but a new one costs about 700 malaysian ringitt-28,000 pakistani rupees which is expensive!

Ipad pro keyboard for ipad pro 9.7 replaced 4 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.