Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Pod "I can only answer or decline incoming calls"

This has to be a regression / bug in HomePod

Ask Siri "When is my next meeting" or "What meetings do I have today"

Siri responds with "I can only answer or decline incoming calls".

Before I had no problems with this feature, I have the personal stuff enabled (I can ask about reminders or messages etc..)

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:01 AM

Hi Dadaatdodo.com,

It seems you're having trouble with your HomePod and we can help. Try following the steps here to Reset HomePod and see if that resolves the issue with your HomePod not working properly.

Also, be sure all devices are fully updated with the current software available.

Let us know if that helps and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Dadaatdodo.com

Hi Dadaatdodo.com,

It seems you're having trouble with your HomePod and we can help. Try following the steps here to Reset HomePod and see if that resolves the issue with your HomePod not working properly.

Also, be sure all devices are fully updated with the current software available.

Let us know if that helps and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jun 5, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Dadaatdodo.com

I'm glad you posted this question, because I had it on all my HomePods starting yesterday -- except for me, I would ask Siri to translate an English word into another language, and they would respond with 'I can only answer or decline incoming calls'. I had not thought about restarting since it was happening on all of them.

I have had to restart my HomePods after each recent update for some bizarre reason or other - it's weird. But thanks for the post!

Home Pod "I can only answer or decline incoming calls"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.