Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect a digital piano/keyboard to GarageBand and use the built-in voices?

Hello!

I've been having this issue for a while now, so I figured I'd give this question a shot here. Thing is I bought myself a Casio digital piano with tons of built in voices (organs, strings, synths, etc.) and I want to use these to record music directly (without an external microphone). However, when I connect the keyboard via MIDI to GarageBand, I can only use the GarageBand tones, but not the ones from my piano. Is it possible to play with my keyboard's voices instead of the GarageBand sounds? Or, in any case, do I need any other software to do that?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 19, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Garageband has no concept of Midi Out, which is required to use your keyboard's internal voices. To do what you want, you need Garageband's smarter brother, Logic.

1 reply

How do I connect a digital piano/keyboard to GarageBand and use the built-in voices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.