Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not receiving all text messages sent to my new iphone from Androids. Some are going to my old Samsung over wifi - there is no SIM card in the phone. What should I do?

I am not receiving all text messages sent to my new iphone from Androids. Some are going to my old Samsung over wifi - there is no SIM card in the phone. What should I do?

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:45 AM

You are able to send messages between iphones using iMessage which goes via wifi/email route.

Any texts involving androids need a SIM.

Your Android getting texts without a SIM I really do not understand unless it has your AppleID email on there as a mail account and picking up iMessages ftom another iphone. However that is in the twilight zone.

Best way out of this mess is put a SIM at least in the iphone. It must have had a SIM or eSIM st one time to activate it with your AppleID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 9:45 AM in response to greta30

You are able to send messages between iphones using iMessage which goes via wifi/email route.

Any texts involving androids need a SIM.

Your Android getting texts without a SIM I really do not understand unless it has your AppleID email on there as a mail account and picking up iMessages ftom another iphone. However that is in the twilight zone.

Best way out of this mess is put a SIM at least in the iphone. It must have had a SIM or eSIM st one time to activate it with your AppleID.

May 19, 2021 2:21 PM in response to LD150

Right. So my old phone is a Samsung Android - no SIM and my new phone is an iPhone, has SIM. I am able to successfully send texts to anyone from my new iPhone but some replies from Androids are going to the old Samsung phone which doesn't even have a SIM. It's like the Samsung is sucking the Android texts over wifi. But not all. Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.