Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring contacts from old iPhone to new

I backed up my iPhone 6 on iCloud before buying my Apple iPhone 11 (which was what telephone support told me to do. After purchasing the 11, I followed the instructions for downloading my backup to the new device, but I find not all my contacts came over. How can I resolve the issue without having to create the missing contacts on my new phone?

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:26 PM

iPhoneHelpfor11 wrote:

I backed up my iPhone 6 on iCloud before buying my Apple iPhone 11 (which was what telephone support told me to do. After purchasing the 11, I followed the instructions for downloading my backup to the new device, but I find not all my contacts came over. How can I resolve the issue without having to create the missing contacts on my new phone?

Contacts isn't part of the backup, because they are synced to whatever mail or cloud program you use. Sign into said account on your new phone and turn on contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 3:26 PM in response to iPhoneHelpfor11

iPhoneHelpfor11 wrote:

Contacts isn't part of the backup, because they are synced to whatever mail or cloud program you use. Sign into said account on your new phone and turn on contacts.

Transferring contacts from old iPhone to new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.