Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone number changed and I can not sign in with my Apple ID because it wants to verify my account using the old phone number.

How can I sign in to my Apple ID when it wants to verify my id using an old number I can not access, and I can not sign into any of my other devices because it is all set up with my old phone number.

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:57 PM

I’m sorry but apple is sorry asf. I have been waiting months for my Apple ID, the same one I been using with ALL MY INFO, even when I used my updated number I’m still stuck waiting for my recovery. I have a brand new iPhone 12 Pro and can’t even download apps, nor can I retrieve numbers and other info I am needing. I understand there are scammers more then ever these days. But it is obvious when a person is really trying their hardest to get into their Apple ID. Screw you apple.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 7:57 PM in response to Tigla-3

I’m sorry but apple is sorry asf. I have been waiting months for my Apple ID, the same one I been using with ALL MY INFO, even when I used my updated number I’m still stuck waiting for my recovery. I have a brand new iPhone 12 Pro and can’t even download apps, nor can I retrieve numbers and other info I am needing. I understand there are scammers more then ever these days. But it is obvious when a person is really trying their hardest to get into their Apple ID. Screw you apple.

Jun 25, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Susieny2

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Jun 11, 2021 10:03 PM in response to JPMcC16

I was the victim of a Phising scam on April 26, and had Verizon cancel my old telephone number and provide a new telephone number. Because your verification method sends a verification code to my telephone number Apple sends the codes to my OLD telephone number. This makes it impossible for me to verify that I am the person attempting to change the record of my telephone number on the iPhone or on my iTunes account.

How do I change my Apple log on and the record of my new telephone number?

my phone number changed and I can not sign in with my Apple ID because it wants to verify my account using the old phone number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.