Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Live Photos won't send on iMessage

I just got a new iPhone 12 and I can't send live photos through iMessage and I have turned off reduced motions in the setting under accessibility

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 2:39 PM

Hello leo598,

We understand that you’re not able to send Live Photos and we’d love to help.

First, check in Settings > Messages. Near the bottom of this page is "Low Quality Image Mode." If this is on, try turning it off then test again.

Next, let’s go to Settings > General > Software Update and make sure that you’re running the latest version of iOS. If you have an update available, please follow these steps: Update iOS on iPhone

Next, check out: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to experience the same behavior, please provide us with the following details. Having this information will allow us to get a better understanding of the issue:

• Does this occur while connected to cellular data, Wi-Fi or both?

• Are you able to send the photo via email? 

• Does this happen with multiple contacts or one in particular? 

Thanks for connecting with us. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 2:39 PM in response to leo598

Hello leo598,

We understand that you’re not able to send Live Photos and we’d love to help.

First, check in Settings > Messages. Near the bottom of this page is "Low Quality Image Mode." If this is on, try turning it off then test again.

Next, let’s go to Settings > General > Software Update and make sure that you’re running the latest version of iOS. If you have an update available, please follow these steps: Update iOS on iPhone

Next, check out: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to experience the same behavior, please provide us with the following details. Having this information will allow us to get a better understanding of the issue:

• Does this occur while connected to cellular data, Wi-Fi or both?

• Are you able to send the photo via email? 

• Does this happen with multiple contacts or one in particular? 

Thanks for connecting with us. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

my Live Photos won't send on iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.