Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy and paste between devices

Hi, I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Pro 3rd generation on iOS 14.5.1. I have never had an issue copying and pasting from one device to another however for the past week I have not been able to do this. I can copy and paste everything like normal on each device individually however when I try to send something from my iPad to my iPhone or vice versa, it does not work.

My devices both are connected to the wifi, Bluetooth is turned on and handoff is also on but they are still not communicating with each other

Any feedback or help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Not sure if this is what solved the issue but since just doing it, my issue was resolved.

I went into my settings and linked the FaceTime, phone and messages on my iPad and iPhone with each other now they are communicating with each other and allowing me to copy on one device and paste on another.

4 replies

May 19, 2021 11:07 PM in response to Courtney_2000

Courtney_2000 Said:

"Unable to copy and paste between devices: Hi, I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Pro 3rd generation on iOS 14.5.1. I have never had an issue copying and pasting from one device to another however for the past week I have not been able to do this.[...]"

-------

Resync with iCloud:

Sign out of iCloud on both devices, and then sign back in on both.

May 20, 2021 7:19 AM in response to Courtney_2000

Courtney_2000 Said:

"Unable to copy and paste between devices: [...]my issue was resolved. I went into my settings and linked FaceTime, phone, and messages on my iPad and iPhone with each other now they are communicating with each other and allowing me to copy on one device and paste on another

———-

For Thought:

Interesting. I’m not sure as to if the Settings were changed on its own, but it is a fix. I am thinking either the Settings were changed manually, or it is a Third-Party app that is making some unexpected changes here.

Unable to copy and paste between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.