Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy/paste between Mac and iPad not working as it should

I can copy something from iPad and paste to mac, but it doesn't work the other way around. Copy/pasting between my iPhone and Mac works.

Is there a fix for the iPad?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 8:11 AM

Here arr the requirements for the so-called universal clipboard;

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

if the prerequisites are met and all of that is configured as documented, and this isn’t (still) working, i’d try two additional steps.

First, I’d reboot the Mac and the iPad, and try again.

If that fails, I’d log out of your Apple id on both the Mac and the iPad, reboot both, log into your Apple ID on each again, and try again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 8:11 AM in response to arianemati

Here arr the requirements for the so-called universal clipboard;

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

if the prerequisites are met and all of that is configured as documented, and this isn’t (still) working, i’d try two additional steps.

First, I’d reboot the Mac and the iPad, and try again.

If that fails, I’d log out of your Apple id on both the Mac and the iPad, reboot both, log into your Apple ID on each again, and try again.

copy/paste between Mac and iPad not working as it should

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.