Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture in Picture Setting doesn’t show up.

iPhone 11 Picture in Picture doesn’t show up when I go into settings. What am I missing? I have the latest ios14 update.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 20, 2021 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 12:16 AM

Currently Apple TV app has this feature for sure.

If your video player app (YouTube) doesn’t support PIP right now, then you may have to to wait for the developer to update the app compatible to iOS 14 with PiP.

Alternatively you may go to youtube.com in Safari, play a video, and make it full screen. Now you can select the newly-added PIP button on an iPhone running iOS 14, and the video will pop out from the page. You can change tabs or navigate to different apps, and the video will keep running in the PIP.

See the pic below, snapshot taken on iPhone SE 1st Gen iOS 14.0.1

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 12:16 AM in response to Jason_B54

Currently Apple TV app has this feature for sure.

If your video player app (YouTube) doesn’t support PIP right now, then you may have to to wait for the developer to update the app compatible to iOS 14 with PiP.

Alternatively you may go to youtube.com in Safari, play a video, and make it full screen. Now you can select the newly-added PIP button on an iPhone running iOS 14, and the video will pop out from the page. You can change tabs or navigate to different apps, and the video will keep running in the PIP.

See the pic below, snapshot taken on iPhone SE 1st Gen iOS 14.0.1

Picture in Picture Setting doesn’t show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.