Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture in Picture not working

Picture in Picture isn’t working on my iPhone 12pro and the settings are enabled and all so I’m not sure what the deal is.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 1, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 1:41 PM

I did all the steps correctly and researched how to operate per apple’s standards before I even posted. It’s not a user error. However once the update came out is when I had issues. So after updating it now works. Must have been a bug.

3 replies

May 26, 2021 12:55 PM in response to RMW98

First you should go to full screen mode while watching a video from Safari, then close the browser and your video turn in PiP mode. It also works for YouTube from Safari, but unfortunately don’t work in YouTube app.

I’ve asked Google to implement PiP to the iOS and iPadOS app in a petition on Change.org, if you support that idea, please sign it here - https://change.org/YouTubePiP.

So, once again, first - open video in full screen, second - close Safari. That’s all you need to activate PiP. Also PiP works with Vimeo and Netflix for now.

Picture in Picture not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.