Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is ELK-BLEDOM Bluetooth device?

This question was asked recently and timed out. Nearly 150 people had the same question, but we haven’t had resolution.

What is it? Why do so many people have this listed in Bluetooth under “Other Devices”?

Thank you!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 20, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:01 PM

See the attached picture. You may have to really search to find if it's similar. The camera is smaller than a postage stamp. The strip is about 6-7 inches. But, it needs a power source. An outlet or, sneakier still, another electronic device such as a TV or cable box (that's where I found one plugged in.) Forgive my suspicion but I have found something like this on two separate occasions as well as other surveillance devices at other times. It seems there are enough people that are so distrustful of others they keep the market for these hidden devices going.

ELK-BLEDOM Bluetooth device shows up at seemingly random times on my phone as well. I can't "forget devive" either. Factory reset of my phone won't get rid of it. We have no strip lights nor have we ever had strip lights.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 12:01 PM in response to veros70

See the attached picture. You may have to really search to find if it's similar. The camera is smaller than a postage stamp. The strip is about 6-7 inches. But, it needs a power source. An outlet or, sneakier still, another electronic device such as a TV or cable box (that's where I found one plugged in.) Forgive my suspicion but I have found something like this on two separate occasions as well as other surveillance devices at other times. It seems there are enough people that are so distrustful of others they keep the market for these hidden devices going.

ELK-BLEDOM Bluetooth device shows up at seemingly random times on my phone as well. I can't "forget devive" either. Factory reset of my phone won't get rid of it. We have no strip lights nor have we ever had strip lights.

Dec 21, 2021 10:59 PM in response to SprySparrow

Some of us might have noticed an unknown Bluetooth device named “elk-bledom.” The name typically suggests a bluetooth camera or an LED strip. 

1. Search for hidden Bluetooth devices using bluetooth scanner like BLE Scanner. 
  2. Locate device using signal strength. 
  3. Disable or dispose off the hidden camera. 
  4. You can use DuoCo app to search for nearby LED strips. 
  5. Sometimes ELK-BLEDOM indicates bluetooth selfie stick remote. 
  6. Check out all the possibilities and weed out hidden devices, if any. 

DuoCo link- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/duoco-strip/id1340378257

Jul 22, 2021 6:45 PM in response to SprySparrow

This thing is driving me nuts. We have the Bluetooth led light strips. I’ll find the link in a min. But it interferes w a lot of our other Bluetooth devices. Like I can’t sync my sons Fitbit when they are plugged in and I can’t connect to once of my speakers. The worst part is that there is no option to forget this device. Like I have no control over it.

Sep 22, 2021 11:04 AM in response to SprySparrow

It shows up as a Bluetooth device on my phone for a remote shutter release for the camera in the iPhone - part of a tripod phone holder that then apparently lets you trigger the camera while in the picture. I'd rather not think it is for being sneaky and hiding the camera/phone. Mine won't actually pair to the phone; I assume because it has been sitting on the shelf unused for a year or two and the battery must be dead.

Dec 26, 2021 7:25 PM in response to SprySparrow

What an interesting thread. I recently got a new Bluetooth mouse I went to Perrett thinking I was pairing the mouse because it had a similar name wouldn't pair then realized I didn't turn the mouse on and it showed up. So the next the hunt went on to find out what this random Bluetooth device was showing up in the list. Thanks to searching for it this thread is the top hit on DuckDuckGo as I started really reading I realized I bought a color changing screw in lightbulb couple weeks back and I believe it had Bluetooth sure enough that's what it was. it's the kind of thing you buy at five below for five dollars. The Vibe FB-BAPP I think that's the model the box is just so descriptive. The package is so inspiringly accurate as it says it's a "class 1 LED product" and remember "LED radiation do not stare into beam" I think they got this thing confused with a class 1 laser product like a CD player, laser pointer or more powerful lasers that can burn through things and cause major eye damage when pointed at eyes, reflecting objects and animals.

As for hidden cameras that's ridiculous, and illegal in most states if it's recording audio...... I think if I found one I would document it and call the non-emergency contact for the police and ask what to do they might want to confiscate/fingerprint I don't know. Or maybe a lawyer to ask what legally you can do.

Oct 4, 2021 11:10 AM in response to JIM140

Was a link to potential devices ever given? I know for a fact I have had hidden devices in my home before. At least 4 times I’ve found them. I saw an alarm clock camera on Amazon that I recognized was the twin of one in my house. Looking further there were tiny dice looking cameras, and a "smoke alarm," handheld voice activated recorders behind my silverware, in my car. Twice I have found what looks like a strip with a tiny lens at one end the module on the other. I was shown a picture of myself that was timestamped at a time this person was in the hospital so it most definitely can be controlled remotely. I will try to attach a picture of something similar.

Oct 5, 2021 12:20 AM in response to MelaneeRose

it’s a ring camera a gps navigation device like Tom Tom a home automation system like Comcast a security system like ADT a surge pack with usb slots any Bluetooth device you connected to with your phone a PlayStation with Bluetooth so on and so on shut down all you Bluetooth devices and forget them set security codes for all devices turn off Bluetooth on your phone and hide it go to your settings on your phone find passwords and security and turn off location,hide-device,.....it showed up on my phone and I just shut off my Bluetooth and hid my device use a secured device with private IP address setting like IPhone store passwords on ICloud Drive and not on phone it’s easy to access when you do this it doesn’t matter if it shows back up as long as you have strong passwords and I touch fingerprint or face recognition on and always forget your Bluetooth devices when done using leave location off cause that’s how they find you hope this helps!!!!it worked for me

Feb 16, 2022 11:15 PM in response to SprySparrow

I think I found a solution. Go to ur settings and search “location” go down to “system services” turn off “networking & wireless” when u do wanna connect to a device try to do it with that mode on. If it doesn’t work, turn it off while u use the device u want & then turn it off. If they can’t find ur location they can’t connect! It’s worked for me so far!

Mar 8, 2022 1:45 PM in response to SprySparrow

Hi,

I recently purchased a LEGO Super Mario set for my 5 year old son. The Mario and Luigie characters are battery operated and have a light up face and screen on their chest along with a light/scanner that works to recognize a certain code on some of the blocks. There is a bluetooth feature on these two characters so they can interact with an app game.

ELK-BLEDOM seems to be the device name when trying to connect them via Bluetooth. I have not been able to pair them with my device (Apple Ipad Pro 11" (3rd Generation) with software version 15.3.1

What is ELK-BLEDOM Bluetooth device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.