Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder crashes while opening 'Applications'

Every time I try to open the Applications folder, Finder crashes. I've tried First Aid in Disc Utility, to no avail. I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro running Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on May 20, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 12:03 PM

Hi TrinaTheodore,

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you with your MacBook Pro. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that Finder crashes while opening the Applications folder.

We recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Have you had the chance to check if the issue persists on a different user account? The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, are you using the latest version of macOS Big Sur?

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 12:03 PM in response to TrinaTheodore

Hi TrinaTheodore,

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you with your MacBook Pro. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that Finder crashes while opening the Applications folder.

We recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Have you had the chance to check if the issue persists on a different user account? The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, are you using the latest version of macOS Big Sur?

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Finder crashes while opening 'Applications'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.