Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cent symbol

Can someone please let me know where to find the cents symbol on this iPad.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 10:06 AM

Never mind.

You have to have the onscreen keyboard set for numbers, THEN hold down the Dollar sign symbol found there to get the Cents symbol.

On larger iPads, like my iPad Pro, you cannot access this symbol from the number row of keys by just holding down $hift key and holding down the Dollar sign symbol there.

Strange that.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 10:06 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Never mind.

You have to have the onscreen keyboard set for numbers, THEN hold down the Dollar sign symbol found there to get the Cents symbol.

On larger iPads, like my iPad Pro, you cannot access this symbol from the number row of keys by just holding down $hift key and holding down the Dollar sign symbol there.

Strange that.

May 20, 2021 10:10 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I stopped using the default iOS virtual onscreen keyboard many years, ago.

I use a third party virtual onscreen keyboard called Typefinity ( formerly known as PadKeys ) that has much easier access to all types of characters and symbols.

A SUPER GREAT third party virtual keyboard that is head and shoulders above the default Apple iOS/iPadOS virtual keyboard.

Cent symbol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.