Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i send a calendar invite it is received as an email as opposed to calendar invite

I have an iPhone, my husband has an android. When I create a calendar event and try to send it to him, it appears as an email as opposed to a calendar invite.

He can send me calendar invites which I can accept, decline etc, that go directly on my calendar. Would like to be able to send invites that do the same

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on May 21, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 8:43 AM

When you send a calendar invite to a non-iPhone it is sent as an email, because the iPhone knows nothing about the capabilities of the destination phone, unless both devices have MS Exchange or Office 365 accounts, or gmail accounts. But he should be able to tap the calendar attachment in his email and it will be added to his calendar.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 8:43 AM in response to tr954

When you send a calendar invite to a non-iPhone it is sent as an email, because the iPhone knows nothing about the capabilities of the destination phone, unless both devices have MS Exchange or Office 365 accounts, or gmail accounts. But he should be able to tap the calendar attachment in his email and it will be added to his calendar.

when i send a calendar invite it is received as an email as opposed to calendar invite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.