Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 Display Issue

Hi, I have Iphone 12, Which I bought in January and for few days I have noticed, that Display behaves very strange.

I do not use True tone, Auto Brightness or Night Shift, I have everything (true tone, auto-brightness from accessibility too) turned off, but In more light areas display is lighter and in dark areas - darker and this kind of transaction is visible.

I do not know why this happens, I have dropped my phone several times, but could it cause such an strange effect for OLED panel maybe? If anybody has same problem, please share it with me and what you think - can it be software issue or OLED ?

Posted on May 21, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 3:19 AM

Dropping can cause every fault you can think of

I would take or send it for evaluation.

Use the Contact link at top right or top right drop down or arrange a repair here

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article, depending on your warranty or AppleCare+ status.

You can see additional service information within the following article: 

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 3:19 AM in response to DavidMaghradze

Dropping can cause every fault you can think of

I would take or send it for evaluation.

Use the Contact link at top right or top right drop down or arrange a repair here

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article, depending on your warranty or AppleCare+ status.

You can see additional service information within the following article: 

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Iphone 12 Display Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.