You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry image in Apple Watch when receiving Whatsapp

This questions is already asked at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251291023?answerId=252498886022#252498886022 but the answer isn't correct. When receiving a whatsapp the image is blurry on the Apple Watch. If I open the message on Whatsapp after that the image is not blurry at all and available as supposed to.

So again the question why is an image received via Whatsapp blurry?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 21, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 10:06 PM

Yes that is quite unfortunate how that works right now. I noticed the blurry preview version is shown to you on the iPhone first as well, so perhaps that is the reason. That image is really downloaded to you once you are accessing it with Whatsapp on the iPhone. This is easier to see in action if you use really large photos and with a slow network connection.

So in that case the answer is that we would need a native watchOS app to really get a fix for this.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2021 10:06 PM in response to evroekel

Yes that is quite unfortunate how that works right now. I noticed the blurry preview version is shown to you on the iPhone first as well, so perhaps that is the reason. That image is really downloaded to you once you are accessing it with Whatsapp on the iPhone. This is easier to see in action if you use really large photos and with a slow network connection.

So in that case the answer is that we would need a native watchOS app to really get a fix for this.

Blurry image in Apple Watch when receiving Whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.