Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We’re sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.

I bought these used but in good condition AirPods pro. Their serial number is the same on the box than on the charging box. When I checked this number on coverage apple it says valid. But On my phone the AirPods serial number is different. And I have that message. We’re sorry but........

are these Airpods okay?

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 2:45 PM

If it says the serial number was replaced that likely means they were reported as defective and Apple replaced them but they were not returned to Apple as required, or they were reported lost or stolen from stock or during shipping. No support or service is available for them.

Fake copies can have real serial numbers that will, of course, be reported as valid. If you take them to Apple they can tell the difference. The only real way to be sure Airpods are not fake is to only buy them from an Apple Authorized retailer. --> https://locate.apple.com/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 2:45 PM in response to KiaraAyala

If it says the serial number was replaced that likely means they were reported as defective and Apple replaced them but they were not returned to Apple as required, or they were reported lost or stolen from stock or during shipping. No support or service is available for them.

Fake copies can have real serial numbers that will, of course, be reported as valid. If you take them to Apple they can tell the difference. The only real way to be sure Airpods are not fake is to only buy them from an Apple Authorized retailer. --> https://locate.apple.com/

We’re sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.