Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Life duration of Apple pencil second generation

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the life duration of the apple pencil second generation. I have mine for about one year and a half and it is starting to run out of battery in 8 hours or so (before, the duration was longer) I do not use it a lot, just a couple of hours for my classes. Apart from that, how many minutes do you charge it to get it to the full? For example mine is taking like 15 minutes to charge 30%. I appreciate your comments!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 2:04 PM

I have never timed it, but I do charge it every second day (even if I am not using it). That is because the battery is tiny and doesn't hold much of a charge. Never let it get down to near empty or the battery may not survive and that will be the "life expectancy" - it cannot be revived.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 2:04 PM in response to arigab13

I have never timed it, but I do charge it every second day (even if I am not using it). That is because the battery is tiny and doesn't hold much of a charge. Never let it get down to near empty or the battery may not survive and that will be the "life expectancy" - it cannot be revived.

Life duration of Apple pencil second generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.