Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave on late 2013 imac

I'm trying to upgrade to OS Mojave from High Sierra (10.13.6) on my late 2013 27" i Mac. When I'm directed to the app store, the version of OS says it is damaged and can't be installed. Is there another source for OS 10.14.6? Am I too late to upgrade? Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2021 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 2:17 PM

The app store is the only source.

What is possible is the copy you downloaded is corrupt. Delete the download from your Applications folder and redownload it. Use a location with really good wifi, or even better, an Ethernet connection. It's a big file and it only needs a tiny bit of network interference to mess up the whole thing.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 2:17 PM in response to Artemis11

The app store is the only source.

What is possible is the copy you downloaded is corrupt. Delete the download from your Applications folder and redownload it. Use a location with really good wifi, or even better, an Ethernet connection. It's a big file and it only needs a tiny bit of network interference to mess up the whole thing.

May 22, 2021 8:49 AM in response to Artemis11

To repeat..

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS Mohave App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS Mojave.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded..

Don't use FireFox for these links…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

May 21, 2021 3:48 PM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the quick reply. That doesn't seem to be my problem. There is no download to delete. I get the error message as soon as I click "open" on the OS app in the store, so nothing downloads, it just gives the error message and leaves me hanging. I see other users have upgraded as little as a week ago. Is it possible there's a temporary problem on the app store?

Upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave on late 2013 imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.