Cannot update OS software

I haven't upgraded in quite a while. I'm still using 10.12.6. How do I go from Sierra to at least Mojave? I'm guessing that in order to get to Mojave I need to upgrade to High Sierra first. When I click on High Sierra in the App store, I get this message:

This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.

I managed to download 10.13.2 but when I attempt to install it tells me that I need 10.13, but as I said I can't get it installed.

I also found a download section on Apple's site, but no download for basic 10.13. It goes directly from 10.12.6 to 10.13.2 - there is a missing download for the main version of 10.13.

Please can someone let me know how I can rectify this as I need software which is not compatible with 10.12.6.

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 6:34 AM

Hi Lia,

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

If you’re short of bandwidth or data…Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then Restart & a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 6:34 AM in response to Lia_086

Hi Lia,

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

If you’re short of bandwidth or data…Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then Restart & a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Cannot update OS software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.