Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to High Sierra on MacBook Pro Mid 2010 not working.

I am trying to update from El Capitan to High Sierra on my MacBook Pro Mid 2010. However, anytime I try to open High Sierra in the Appstore there is a message that the application is damaged and can´t be used to install macOS.

Have you any recommendations where to get a functional and safe copy of macOS High Sierra?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 9:40 AM

However, anytime I try to open High Sierra in the Appstore there is a message that the application is damaged and can´t be used to install macOS.

That message, courtesy of the Department of Obfuscation, simply means the current installer found an older, outdated copy of itself already in your Applications folder and cannot proceed — yet.

Open your Applications folder, find the old installer and delete it. Then you should have no further issues with the update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 9:40 AM in response to The_other_JC

However, anytime I try to open High Sierra in the Appstore there is a message that the application is damaged and can´t be used to install macOS.

That message, courtesy of the Department of Obfuscation, simply means the current installer found an older, outdated copy of itself already in your Applications folder and cannot proceed — yet.

Open your Applications folder, find the old installer and delete it. Then you should have no further issues with the update.

Update to High Sierra on MacBook Pro Mid 2010 not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.