Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration issues!

I migrated all my stuff into my new mac from my old mac by using my WiFi network with the Migration Assistant. All went well. However, I plan on giving my old computer to my husband, but I noticed when I try to delete anything off my old computer it deletes from the new one. I tried restarting the old computer thinking that's all that was needed, but now I'm guessing I need to go into preferences, or soemthing? Help!

Posted on May 21, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 5:47 PM

SneakerMom4 wrote:

I migrated all my stuff into my new mac from my old mac by using my WiFi network with the Migration Assistant. All went well. However, I plan on giving my old computer to my husband, but I noticed when I try to delete anything off my old computer it deletes from the new one. I tried restarting the old computer thinking that's all that was needed, but now I'm guessing I need to go into preferences, or soemthing? Help!

reference— What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 5:47 PM in response to SneakerMom4

SneakerMom4 wrote:

reference— What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

May 21, 2021 6:53 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you I did see that, the issue I had was that I was giving the computer to a family member and some the apps were needed. So I couldn't scrub the whole computer, I ended up having support call me and found out that since I was connected on both computers via my Apple ID, they were connected, so I had to log out of my Apple ID on my old computer and it solved everything, so easy! It's always the simplest things! UGH! I appreciate your reply!! ;)

Migration issues!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.