Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving recent work

I've just spent hours working on a document. I saved regularly as I went. When it came to uploading it to Grammarly, I wasn't able to find it! How do I retrieve my document?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2021 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 11:17 PM

It depends on what location you saved it to.

Personally, I prefer saving things I am working on to the desktop temporarily so they're easy to find - I will file them away once done. I believe the default is your Documents folder - or, depending on the app you were using, it may have separate settings you can choose.

Here is a screenshot of the popup window in the Pages app when you hit save (and it is set to Documents automatically):

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 11:17 PM in response to MaturePerson

It depends on what location you saved it to.

Personally, I prefer saving things I am working on to the desktop temporarily so they're easy to find - I will file them away once done. I believe the default is your Documents folder - or, depending on the app you were using, it may have separate settings you can choose.

Here is a screenshot of the popup window in the Pages app when you hit save (and it is set to Documents automatically):

Retrieving recent work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.