Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xsMax 14.5.1 software update problems

Hello everyone,

I just update my software to 14.5.1 yesterday around evening. Didin’t had any problems for 8-10 hours but after waking up today i relaized my iPhone started to heat up a lot. I mean really a lot. After spending total of 30 mins looking twitter , ig & fb and surfing on safari. I had to put my phone down because it was lava hot (it was unplugged from charging).

Is this situation might be related with recent software update or is there could there be any problems with my phone ?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 22, 2021 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 3:02 AM

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behaviour to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 3:02 AM in response to DamraK

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behaviour to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

May 22, 2021 3:03 AM in response to DamraK

Before updating to the latest iOS 14.5.1 as told in your post what was your earlier iOS version. Then you can look into the iOS changes that have happened between the earlier version on your iPhone and this new version that you have updated now. 

This will give you a broader idea of the issue if it is directly linked to the iOS version or is triggered by something else.

May 22, 2021 3:03 AM in response to DamraK

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.3, iPhone SE iOS 14.5.1, iPhone 8 iOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 14.5.1 and iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.5.1. Prior to that, I had iPhone 3GS, which I have stopped using because it is carrier-locked.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS are released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update

May 22, 2021 8:58 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hey thank you for all answers above.

My Software was just a version before the recent update, i try to keep it always updated.

In region i am using my iPhone tempratures usually around 20-28 C in summer so i can assume im using it in safe temprature range.

I turned off the my iPhone for a while and did complete reset via connecting to Macbook. It kinda fixed it self after this procceses.

I actively played some games to test it, it was much cooler than few hours ago when i was just running some light apps or using safari so i think it might be something like temporary bug or glitch.

Thanks for answering again. I will probably take it to Apple store if it occurs again.

Iphone xsMax 14.5.1 software update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.