Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint on iPad and iphone

Since last update both the above recognise my printer but then states off line when I know it is not; keep having to reset network setting frequently this is becoming very annoying some time it’s both at the same time sometime one works but not the other then vice versa

after a reset it works fine then after a while drops out again

of course resetting networks means all previous network like friends and family places have to be reset.

please sort out Apple

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 22, 2021 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 6:32 AM

You are welcome.

Just to clarify: I did not intend that you have to repeatedly use the workaround I suggested, just once (it should be enough).

Depending on your modem-router model, you might take a look at this support article:--> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Depending on your printer model, check if its manufacturer has released a new firmware update.

For further clarity: you're not addressing Apple here. If you'd like, please submit your comments to Apple directly, using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback

Thanks and regards

Giulio

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Drangle

You are welcome.

Just to clarify: I did not intend that you have to repeatedly use the workaround I suggested, just once (it should be enough).

Depending on your modem-router model, you might take a look at this support article:--> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Depending on your printer model, check if its manufacturer has released a new firmware update.

For further clarity: you're not addressing Apple here. If you'd like, please submit your comments to Apple directly, using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback

Thanks and regards

Giulio

May 22, 2021 3:31 AM in response to Drangle

Instead of resetting network settings, have you already tried to:

• Turn off all your devices.
  • Turn off your modem-router, waiting for at least 1 minute.
  • Turn your modem-router back on, waiting for its complete autoconfiguration.
  • Turn your printer back on.
  • Turn all other devices back on and reconnect them to your wifi network.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards

Giulio

May 22, 2021 6:08 AM in response to Drangle

I am sure this may well work but by constantly turning my router off and on just to print means my cctv, hive home controls, and my free view tv programs etc, etc keep having to reconnect several time per day. It didn’t used to be like this before the update no problems for years.

it should be up to Apple to get their updates working properly

but your response is appreciated and I thank you

AirPrint on iPad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.