Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid-2014 - install windows 10 using bootcamp

I want to install Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro (Retina, 15,4 inch, Mid - 2014) using Bootcamp. Memory is 16GB and have available 140 GB of 250 GB. What would be the best way to go about this (the procedure I mean) and how many GB's do you think I should devote to Windows when I partition the disk? Also, does this take long? Thank you!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:32 AM

Christos887 wrote:

I want to install Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro (Retina, 15,4 inch, Mid - 2014) using Bootcamp. Memory is 16GB and have available 140 GB of 250 GB.
  1. IMHO, you don't have enough free space. Would you buy a Windows PC with only 140GB space?
  2. What would be the best way to go about this (the procedure I mean): https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
  3. and how many GB's do you think I should devote to Windows when I partition the disk?: at least a minimum of 250GB.
  4. Also, does this take long? Yes.
  5. Thank you!: you are welcome.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Christos887

Christos887 wrote:

I want to install Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro (Retina, 15,4 inch, Mid - 2014) using Bootcamp. Memory is 16GB and have available 140 GB of 250 GB.
  1. IMHO, you don't have enough free space. Would you buy a Windows PC with only 140GB space?
  2. What would be the best way to go about this (the procedure I mean): https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
  3. and how many GB's do you think I should devote to Windows when I partition the disk?: at least a minimum of 250GB.
  4. Also, does this take long? Yes.
  5. Thank you!: you are welcome.

Macbook Pro Mid-2014 - install windows 10 using bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.