Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Update

Hello. I'm needing to update to macOS Catalina 10.15. However, when I click the link, it sends to me to an update of that system rather than to the system itself.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 22, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 11:15 AM

Launch Safari, and click on the following blue-text link: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Download Catalina from the Mac App Store using (only) Safari.

Have a backup prior to this upgrade.

Check for any important 32-bit apps using the Go64 tool, a d get those updated, upgraded, alternatives found, or retired.

This because Catalina and later have retired and removed the 32-bit interfaces that older apps use.

If you have Microsoft Office 2011 or earlier, you will need to upgrade that to current Office 2019 or Office 365 subscription, or switch to LibreOffice, or to the Apple iWork apps which can read and write many Office documents, or migrate to Google Docs or some other service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 11:15 AM in response to EJWilliams

Launch Safari, and click on the following blue-text link: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Download Catalina from the Mac App Store using (only) Safari.

Have a backup prior to this upgrade.

Check for any important 32-bit apps using the Go64 tool, a d get those updated, upgraded, alternatives found, or retired.

This because Catalina and later have retired and removed the 32-bit interfaces that older apps use.

If you have Microsoft Office 2011 or earlier, you will need to upgrade that to current Office 2019 or Office 365 subscription, or switch to LibreOffice, or to the Apple iWork apps which can read and write many Office documents, or migrate to Google Docs or some other service.

System Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.