Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone help me find out where to find my recovery key?

I have an old gen 4 iPod touch and it has been having issues with signing in to my apple account, I know my password and username by heart but I never got my RK because I was not the one who set up my account my mom did. This has been an issue for months now and no matter what we tried to search up we couldn't find a solution so would someone know where I could figure out what mine is or a way to get a new one?

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on May 22, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:16 PM

How to generate a recovery key --> https://support.apple.com/HT208072

With two-factor authentication and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.

- Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery. Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently.

A recovery key isn't required with two-factor authentication, but using one gives you more control over the security of your Apple ID. When you generate a new recovery key, you turn off other account recovery methods. Then the only way to reset your password or regain access to your account is to use your recovery key.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 7:16 PM in response to cadie722

How to generate a recovery key --> https://support.apple.com/HT208072

With two-factor authentication and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.

- Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery. Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently.

A recovery key isn't required with two-factor authentication, but using one gives you more control over the security of your Apple ID. When you generate a new recovery key, you turn off other account recovery methods. Then the only way to reset your password or regain access to your account is to use your recovery key.

Can someone help me find out where to find my recovery key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.