Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Music library is not displaying any of the songs that I have downloaded and that are synced to my iPhone

When I try to access my Music library it acts as though there's not a single song in it despite having thousands of songs saved. When I try to add a new song it also doesn't show it. The strange thing is that on the playlists that I have created the songs that are on those playlists do play as normal, so the library is there, it's just not displaying. Any idea what may be causing this issue? Here is how the library displays right now.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 22, 2021 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 8:30 PM

vesperview Said:

"My Music library is not displaying any of the songs that I have downloaded and that are synced to my iPhone"

-------

Two Things...

A. Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

B. Music Media folder location:

Verify where the files are stored. They should be in: /[Hard Drive Name]/Users/[Username]/Music/Music/Media

1. Go to: Music menu
  2. Select: Preferences...
  3. Click: Files tab
  4. View: the Music Media folder location

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 8:30 PM in response to vesperview

vesperview Said:

"My Music library is not displaying any of the songs that I have downloaded and that are synced to my iPhone"

-------

Two Things...

A. Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

B. Music Media folder location:

Verify where the files are stored. They should be in: /[Hard Drive Name]/Users/[Username]/Music/Music/Media

1. Go to: Music menu
  2. Select: Preferences...
  3. Click: Files tab
  4. View: the Music Media folder location

My Music library is not displaying any of the songs that I have downloaded and that are synced to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.