Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot receive payments at this time

Sending apple Pay cash thru Messages on my I phone, i get a msg [ContactName] cannot receive payments at this time. What's that mean? And, how to fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Hello Neeterlou,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re attempting to send Apple Cash through Messages, but the recipient can’t receive it. We’re happy to assist you.

From this article If you can't send or receive money in Messages with Apple Cash, “If the recipient doesn't meet the requirements, you'll see a message that they aren't eligible in Messages.” Make sure they meet the requirements in section “Try to send money”.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 2:29 PM in response to Neeterlou

Hello Neeterlou,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re attempting to send Apple Cash through Messages, but the recipient can’t receive it. We’re happy to assist you.

From this article If you can't send or receive money in Messages with Apple Cash, “If the recipient doesn't meet the requirements, you'll see a message that they aren't eligible in Messages.” Make sure they meet the requirements in section “Try to send money”.

Cheers.

cannot receive payments at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.