Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting multiple songs in an album to add them to a playlist - How?!

I've tried coming back to Apple Music after having a pretty buggy experience and I'm starting to feel its still not ready for prime time.

I'm trying to re-create my playists, so I'm going through albums from artists in Apple Music, and trying to add the songs I like from that albumn to a playlist. Except I cant.

Sure, I can click on each one, right click it, find the playlist, click add - which takes an utter etternity.

Selecting multiple tracks and trying to right click and add to playlist doesnt work - it's just adding 1 song.

You can't drag and drop either (a massively poor user experience - this was so handy in Spotify).

What's going on here? Am I totally missing something or is the whole process of adding songs to a playlist intentionally awful? I just wanna grab my songs and add them to a playlist, why is that so hard?!

Posted on May 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 6:05 AM

Select a song. Use Shift-click to select a range and cmd-click to add or remove individual items from a selection. You should still be able to drag & drop to a playlist. You can also use right-click > Add to Playlist.

tt2

1 reply

Selecting multiple songs in an album to add them to a playlist - How?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.