Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see folder with question mark flashing

I am not able to go on recovery mode after holding Command + R while rebooting.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 23, 2021 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 9:59 PM

You can try other startup options as well....I would suggest trying the macOS recovery over Internet you can find the combination you can use at Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support

4 replies

May 23, 2021 9:54 PM in response to swapnil25

If you erased the hard drive (which it sounds like you did) and the install did not finish, then this is why you are seeing the folder with the question mark. If you aren't able to get it into recovery mode, you may want to get in touch with Apple Support and have them assist you with trying to get you where you need. If they are unable to do this, you will have to take it to an Apple Store or a certified service center to have them take a look and see what they can do. I don't know what to try as the Command + R always works for me unless it's an M1 model which wasn't available in 2015 where you just press and hold the power button.

I see folder with question mark flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.