Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After reset NVRAM, the flashing folder with question mark still remains. What should I try?

Suggestion on what to do next ? After trying reset NVRAM, the flashing folder continues.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 9:49 PM

WhyRcatsblue22 Said:

"After reset NVRAM, the flashing folder with question mark still remains. What should I try?: Suggestion on what to do next ? After trying reset NVRAM, the flashing folder continues. "

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac with a Flashing Folder:

Three Things...

1. Go here: If a Flashing Question Mark Appears when you Start your Mac - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode. Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

III. If Neither of the Above Works...

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once mor

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 9:49 PM in response to WhyRcatsblue22

WhyRcatsblue22 Said:

"After reset NVRAM, the flashing folder with question mark still remains. What should I try?: Suggestion on what to do next ? After trying reset NVRAM, the flashing folder continues. "

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac with a Flashing Folder:

Three Things...

1. Go here: If a Flashing Question Mark Appears when you Start your Mac - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode. Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

III. If Neither of the Above Works...

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once mor

After reset NVRAM, the flashing folder with question mark still remains. What should I try?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.