Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing folder with question mark

Any banyone have any idea how to get this off I have tried resetting it and it just brings me back to this

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 6:16 PM

Your profile indicates a MacBook Air but the photograph does not appear to be one. It looks like an iMac. It would help if you were to identify the model in question.

Find the model and serial number of your Mac - Apple Support

Please do not divulge its serial number. That's nobody's business.

Then proceed with How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

I have tired com+R and it doesn’t work

That is applicable only to Intel Macs. If yours is one of them, you need to press and hold both the and R keys with two fingers while starting your Mac with a third finger. You can release your fingers when you see an Apple logo or other image.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 6:16 PM in response to Sheffieldunited1889

Your profile indicates a MacBook Air but the photograph does not appear to be one. It looks like an iMac. It would help if you were to identify the model in question.

Find the model and serial number of your Mac - Apple Support

Please do not divulge its serial number. That's nobody's business.

Then proceed with How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

I have tired com+R and it doesn’t work

That is applicable only to Intel Macs. If yours is one of them, you need to press and hold both the and R keys with two fingers while starting your Mac with a third finger. You can release your fingers when you see an Apple logo or other image.

Flashing folder with question mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.